Dear Family and Friends,
Yes, we'll probably go play frisbee golf today.
We can’t go to Costco anymore. No one has a Costco card. The one who did was transferred last transfer. We still have food from Costco for about another week.
I did not take a picture of the big pile of weeds.
When L. Tom Perry came it was a 2 hour conference. Our mission and the Anaheim mission were invited to attend. So cool!!
No, my companion is not a big fan of running.
So that cherry candy you sent me, it’s so good! It tastes like those cough drop you used to buy and always hide. We'd find them and eat them because they were more like candy than cough drops.
So this is the part of my letter where I confess my gratitude for my mother. I was trying to think of something I could say that hasn't really been said before. Almost everyone will say they have the best mother and stuff like that but I have come to one simple conclusion... no other mother could have raised me better than the mother I’ve always had. Thanks for everything and happy mother's day!
Elder Yeaman’s quote of the week: "You can't have a five star fast food restaurant."
Explanation: When God works, he works perfectly. There’s no flaw in any phase of his plan. Because it's so perfect you could compare it to a five star restaurant. You go to this nice restaurant and they seat you at a table. You order your food and then wait. They might bring out bread or salad, but that's not what you’re waiting for. The key word here is wait. Now compare this to prayer. When we pray, do we pray like we're ordering at McDonald’s or pizza on the phone...Yeah I’d like some miracles with a side of blessings and a cup of joy to drink, amen. Or is it real conversation with someone who really cares for us? When we pray, do we wait for answers or are we trying to make it through the drive-through? If we want fast answers to prayers, they may be fast food quality, but if you want good quality answers you would need to wait like at a five star restaurant. God always answers prayers; it's just a matter of time.
Love Elder Yeaman
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment