Tuesday, August 9, 2011

7/18/11

Good Morning, Happy Birthday Shane!!!
My companion is from Canada. He came out with Elder Evans almost 6 months ago.
We’ll go to Costco today.
This week I went on splits into a Spanish area. It was really neat. I
got to do everything in Spanish. We also gave the Spanish elders a
referral. We had talked to this person on bike and she said we could
come by and she would like a bible and a book of Mormon in Spanish.
Well, when we went on splits, we stopped by and she asked how long
does it take before I can get baptized and ask if we could get her a
ride to church tomorrow. She came and it was great. Now I’m back in my
normal ward and everything is going good.
 
Elder Yeaman’s quote of the week. "A.S.K. stands for Ask, Seek, Knock"
Explanation: The scriptures say "ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye
shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you. These are all
action verbs;. ask, seek, and knock. I have always looked at them
separately but I think it takes a new meaning when you look at them
together. For example Joseph Smith, had a concern and ASKED himself
the question, which church is true. In order to receive an answer he
had to first SEEK. So he read the bible. He searched and studied until
he came across James 1:5. He found what he was looking for so he
decided to KNOCK on the doors of heaven through prayer. The
heavens were opened once again to the earth and he received and answers
to his question. The first step is to ASK: this involves asking
ourself a question. It involves having a concern so much so that
we're willing to act. Step two, SEEK: this involves looking and
studying through the scriptures for an answer. We can’t expect God to
solve our problems if we don't seek for the answer to our problems.
God won't repeat himself. An extreme example would be if you were
wondering if it was okay to worship an idol. It clearly states in
Exodus 20 that thou shalt not worship any engraven image. It’s there,
and if you study you'll find the answer (God will however testify to
you that it's true or that you should or should not do something
through the Holy Ghost.) which leads into the next step... KNOCK on
his door. Pray and ask him if this (what ever you were looking for) is
correct. (it's a good idea to pray through out this process, not
just at the end) The Lord will guide you to find answers. Praying at the end is to make sure what you have found in your studies
is what God wants. If that makes since. I had a lot of different
thougts and tried to keep them in order and I hope it's
understandable. But the main point I’m trying to get across is that
we must do all three steps.
 
Elder Yeaman

No comments:

Post a Comment