Tuesday, August 9, 2011

May 16, 2001

Dear Family & Friends




Transfers are tomorrow. I’m staying here on bike with Elder Tiatia, my new companion. Elder Evans is trading places with him. Elder Tiatia was in Whittier in the Granada Ward.



No, I still have some Costco food left. Yes adding me to your Costco account would be great! But don't I have to have a picture on the card? Anyways, that would be great. It saves you so much money.



My companion still runs, but my next companion will run less. I know Elder Tiatia. He started his mission when I was in Whittier. He was a 290 pound elder, but I heard he has lost 70 pounds. He’s been on bike his entire mission.



This week we went and did some service and killed a bunch of wasps and wasp nests at someones house. That was by far the most fun t service we have done. No one was harmed. We used a broom and a fly-swatter so get them down.



Quote of the week: "God is not a God of confusion"

Explanation: Imagine going to a McDonalds and asking for a cheese burger, fries, and a coke and they respond, “We don't sell burgers or fries, We only sell chicken at this McDonalds and we have Pepsi products, not coke.” You go to another one and the same thing happens but they only sell cereal. You go to another one and they respond that this one only sells Chinese food. Each one you go to is different. It would not be as successful as it is today. It would be completely unorganized and may even fall apart.



God needs order in his church. He has organization. He doesn't leave his doctrine up in the air to be interpreted any way man wants. God has called a prophet. He has organized his church. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Ephesians 4:5 one lord one faith, one baptism.



Love Elder Yeaman



No comments:

Post a Comment