December 20, 2010
Dear Family and Friends,
I got the package. Thank you very much for the shampoo, socks, mangos, altoids, calendar, shoe horn, and the candy. I haven't opened any of it yet, but I felt around and labeled what I thought everything was. That way when I open it I can see if I’m right! I also got a package from Nana and the Irwin’s. He should get his package today and he'll be so excited. He’s been real bummed because he hasn't gotten anything and all these other missionaries are. Thanks for doing that. He’ll really appreciate it.
The work is slow but things are coming a long.
Make sure the missionaries have a dinner appointment on Christmas. People here don't necessarily like to sign up on that day.
Landon Palmer is going to Africa!!! That’s so cool! He’s really going to like that. What dialect? Is it the same as Jordan Stewart?
Hey I’ll call home between 11-3 on Christmas. Sorry it's such a long time slot but we have some meetings that day and we'll call in between the meetings and they haven't decided during what part of the meeting we're calling home.
Hey look up the story of the “The War and Christmas of 1914" it's a great story and you can read it for Christmas. Some good ideas for stocking stuffer... go to the 99 cents store and they have some like a set of fifty individual floss tooth pick things. I never used them before but I love them. They make flossing a lot easier.
Food of the week: A member took us out to a fish restaurant. It was good. From what I’m aware, there's not any middle class fish restaurants. It’s either like a fast food cheap place or it's very expensive. Let’s just say this wasn't a fast food fish place. I got grilled red snapper and it was really good.
Elder Yeaman’s quote of the week, "Jesus is the reason for the season,"
Explanation. To kind of continue from last weeks thought. The reason we celebrate Christmas is for Christ. It shouldn't be a time of stress or sadness or gloom as Elder Uctdorf said in the first presidency Christmas devotional. No matter what happens find a reason to rejoice. There truly are so many! What will be your cause for Christmas?
Love Elder Yeaman
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment