Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Father forgive them...

Jan 17, 2011


Dear Family and Friends

No big plans for today. Our mission gets together every so often and does sports but not today.

My companion is great. His strengths are that he's always striving to become better; he loves the Lord, is a hard and diligent worker, and is very verse in the New Testament.

Our new mission president is great. Not anything like President Sexton.
This Wednesday I’m going to the dentist. They accept my insurance. and I’ll pay the rest with my Wells Fargo card. Do I have enough money in my account? I might have a couple cavities.

If you haven't found a shoe horn yet, don't worry about it. I found another plastic one in the couch and it shouldn't break.

Food of the week: We got fed more samoan food this week. There’s this less-active family we found and they want to baptize their son and they have 2 sons and 2 daughters. The daughters are very skinny but one of them about 16 years of age ate twice as much as my companion and I put together. It was really good food.
Elder Yeaman’s quote of the week "Father forgive them, for they know what they do..."

Explanation: in Luke chapter 23 our savior Jesus the Christ pleaded to our father in heaven in behalf of those who were persecuting him saying father forgive them, for they know not what they do. For many of us today our savior pleads, "fFther forgive them, for they know what they do, but don't do anything about it." We know, as members of the Church of Jesus Christ, what we are supposed to do and yet still struggle doing it. Many pick and choose what commandments they want to live. God has commanded that we share the gospel with our family, friends and neighbors. We know we're supposed to do it but still struggle sharing it. He constantly urges us to feed his sheep.

Love Elder Yeaman

No comments:

Post a Comment