Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Do we build a house and leave it barren?

December 27, 2010


Dear Family and Friends I didn't think I’d be able to get on today, but we got permission to go to a different library and now I’m in the library in my old area in Cerritos. On Christmas we just went around and visited people. Nothing to big. I didn’t mean to be quiet on the phone it's just there wasn't much to talk to you all about. We e-mail every week and so everything that Ihave to say gets said then. Nothing big for Christmas, probably just write thank you notes to a couple people. We’re also going to go to the dollar store and buy 8 oz martinelli's sparkling cider. This week was really slow and everyone's excuse was come back after the holidays so we have a lot of people to re visit and find out if the arereally interested The shoe horn is broken. It was good while it lasted though. If you have any old ensigns like before 2000 could you send them next time you send something. The older the better! I just want to read them and the older ensigns have a lot of really good talks. Thanks! Oh you can send them book rate, which is cheaper than flat rate. It’s for books and magazines and stuff like that it just takes a little longer to get here but it's super cheep. I remember the Irwin’s now. They wave a daughter named Stephanie and the live north of Ray Rd and west of Alma School by where the Phillips used to live and I think they have or had a brown car with a rack on the roof of the car. Elder Yeaman’s food of the week. This week I ate a lot of Mexican food. Tamales and some soup stuff that's spicy and has pork in it and some other stuff but it was really good.
 
Elder Yeaman’s quote of the week:
Explanation: Do we build a house and leave it barren? Do we squeeze oranges to dump the juice down the drain? Do we plant seeds in our Garden and nourish it and once it's grown not harvest the field in which we worked so hard for? Of course not. President Gordan B. Hinckley in pmg says it's useless to baptize some one into inactivity. It takes members helping the recent converts and less active members. We need to finish what we start and help others finish what thy started. If Satan never takes a break why should we? Are we not God's elect to build up the kingdom in these last days? By helping God in his vineyard he promises that we too will be able to enjoy the fruit of our labors. Love Elder Yeaman

No comments:

Post a Comment