Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Jan 31, 2011


So we had a change of plans so I’m on today. We’re not going to the temple for like 2 more weeks. My companion wants to go to the temple on his birthday.

Did Shane get his mission call yet? If so where? If not will he most likely get it this week? If he does you have to seen me a letter ASAP this week. That’ll be so cool.

Yes we've been teaching all the less actives. But the real help came from the ward. President Gordon B Hinckley said that every new convert or less active needs three things. 1. A friend 2. To be taught the doctrine 3. A calling. We teach them and the lord resolves their doubts and helps the to re-recognize the happiness that this gospel brings into their lives, but the ward befriends them and that's what helps them enjoy class and coming to church and that's what keeps them coming back. after they been befriended and taught for a while is when the calling helps seal the deal or makes them feel of importance so our bishop is coming up with a few callings that won't be to overwhelming. things like the door greeter or in charge of changing the hymns up on stage before church starts or making sure all the chairs are put away or things like that.

Food of the week: One of the less active families we're teaching fed us this week. It was really good. It was chicken but I don't know how it was cooked but it was really good. We also had ribs with this different family that's no longer less active and they're being sealed wed. The 23 of Feb. in the temple as a family. They’re Samoan. That’s the day after transfers so I hope I’m still here. If I'm here we can go to the temple with them. They have three kids.

Our regular church attendance is 102 people including old people and babies and there are about 240 families in the ward, about 550 total members. Only 102 of those 550 members are active. Crazy huh.

We started up the harvest program I asked you to write up and we're seeing the fruits of our labor. Members always have people at their house when we go to eat and our teaching pool is slowly increasing. It took a while to get started but we shared it with all the active members in our ward who would allow us to and its working great. I need to update it though. There’s one more thing I need to add so I’ll send home this week something I need you to type up. Thanks.
No time for a thought today. Sorry love you all.

Elder yeaman

No comments:

Post a Comment