Sept. 28, 2010
Family and friends.
Same rules for Spanish and speaking elders, however if there are two English elders together they leave the apartment at 10:00 instead of 11:00 am because they don't get a language study.
Our p-days are now being moved to Mondays. Transfers will now happen on Mondays as well. Which means I might not be able to e-mail on Monday holidays. It depends if the family history center is open.
We actually didn't go to gravity hill we had to get an oil change and it took all day. I just wish they'd let me do it instead of waiting 2 1/2 hours for it.
You can mail it to my apartment and they'll leave me a slip telling me I need to go and pick it up at the post office.
I forwarded you a letter and it pretty much just says that I need to get a flue shot and pay for it out of my own pocket. Its $25 do I have it in my account? I’m getting it today.
It was starting to get cool but this week it shot back up! It was 113 degrees yesterday. It wasn't like that ever during the summer. FYI, Whittier is the hottest part of our mission. It’s his furthest area from the beach.
Feed the missionaries twice bakes, rolls and a roast? That’s a lot of work though.
Food of the week: this week I made ginger snaps. They’re so good.
Elder Yeaman’s quote of the week. "Ye are the light of the world"
Explanation: Jesus Christ is equivalent to the energy source and the prophet is the light bulb, and we are mirrors. Without Jesus Christ, the prophet we have would be useless. However if there is no prophet there can be no light and if there is no light we are lost and can't share the light. God has always called and must continue to call a prophet in order for us to progress. Mirrors can share nothing without a light source. The room in which the light and the mirrors are in is compared to the world. And so this question rolls into our court. Where are we shining our light? Are we a mirror that is face down absorbing no light and giving off no light? Are we a mirror that is face up trying to shine the light straight back at the light bulb looking for recognition on our brightness? Or are we a mirror that helps other mirrors takes up the light and continue to shine. If you've ever used a mirror to try and blind somebody think of it like this. Just having the mirror there isn't going to blind them. You have to angle it just right. We members of the Church, we just can't be there. We need to share the light of Christ with those around us and we can not do that unless first we are focused on the light source. Our prophet. General conference is coming up and not only is it important take notes and think about the message but to share the message with others as well. Maybe not so much as word to word what they say, but by being an example and showing them the light of Christ that is in you. Hope you all enjoy G.C. I know I will.
Elder yeaman
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment