Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"I can ride a bike with no handle bars"

Oct. 5, 2010
Family and Friends,


I got the package. Thank you so much! I’ve already listen to the first 5 cds of Jesus the Christ. The gold fish disappeared into my belly while I was studying :-) Thanks so much.

I got the flue shot and I felt so drained and tired for like the next 3 days. It was rough but I’m better now.

This week it continued to stay hot and then yesterday all day it rained and rained and that brought the temperature down quite a bit.
Food of the week: We ate with this less active member yesterday, the one that is a lot like Ken, and she made us pot roast, mashed potatoes, and steamed carrots. I thought that that was cool that I had suggested for you to make that for the missionaries. It was super good and one of the best meals on my mission thus far.

Did everyone go to Red Robin after priesthood session?

I was going to say you better not be doing what Elder Holland’s parents did for him. Thanks for everything you do for me. Yes general conference was great.

Have fun camping!

We are always looking for service opportunities and we rarely get them but recently we helped someone move and are planning on fixing a members toilet and breaking up and moving a non-members concrete.

This week I went on splits and was able to be on bike again. I loved it.

Do we still have our turtles? Water turtle and land turtle?

I never understood why you didn't allow us to go on sleep over until conference. I was always puzzled, but now it makes so much sense! Thank you so much.

Elder Yeaman quote of the week: "I can ride a bike with no handle bars"

Explanation. in 2002 Elder Hales gave a talk about when he was growing up he had a bike that had a generator on it that was hooked to a light and when he pedaled hard the light would shine bright but when he wouldn't pedal as hard the light would flicker and not be as strong. He compared it to going through life. He could be going down a hill and not have to pedal, but in consequence the light would not shine. No matter what we are going through we need to keep pedaling! If we stop pedaling, there's no light and at night we are more likely to get hit by a car. If we stop pedaling going up hill we will fall over. The light obviously is the light of Christ that's in us and when we have it we are less likely to become spiritually injured. President Uchtdorf in this conference stated that we need to slow down when we face adversity. He did not say stop when you face adversity. When riding a bike up hill it's okay to slow down. But keep that light shining. Going down hill when you’re not facing as many trails you need not stop pedaling. Always keeps your light shining by doing what is right and you will be greatly blessed.

Love, Someone else :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment