Monday, September 20, 2010

Watch Your Step

Sept. 7, 2010
Dear Family and friends,


Great week! Went on splits and was out of my area for 2 whole days in another Elder’s area. I enjoyed it. I’m not being transferred. I’ll most likely stay in this area for the next 2 transfers because I’m still with my companion, Elder Kendall, who's dying in six weeks. So I’ll kill him and then get a new companion for six more weeks in this area. That is most likely how it'll go since white washes rarely happen.

Food of the week: We didn't have any dinner appointments so one of the members went and bought $60 worth of gift cards and we ate out a few times.

No wonder we're not allowed to chew gum as missionaries! we had a baptismal service this week and everyone who was had a part in it was chewing gum. I guess this is the first time I realized how rude and tacky it looks to chew gum while you’re singing or giving a talk or prayer. ha ha ha

Elder Yeaman’s quote of the week: “The road of a thousand miles begins with one step, so watch your step." President Thomas S. Monson used this quote in general conference and I thought it was so clever! I was reading in the last couple of versus in Omni or maybe it was in Jarom a while ago and it gives a great story of people who became prideful and didn't learn from their first mistake and left again into the wilderness. We need to watch our step! Learn from the mistakes we make and don't go down that same path. CTR! Follow the prophet! Do what is right! Sorry it's not a better quote, forgot to think of one this week.

Love, Elder Yeaman

No comments:

Post a Comment