Monday, September 20, 2010

Fast or Feast?

Aug. 24, 2010
Dear family and friends,


Forgot to see what kind of camera I have. I’ll try and remember next week.

This week we found an "Uncle Ken" to teach. His name is Bill. He has about 40 surf boards and also plays guitar and drums. Guess what he does for a living, air conditioning stuff. Just like Ken right? He doesn't work for a company but he hires other people to help him and tries to make money by getting other people to work for him. His favorite movie... yup you guessed it "Scooby-doo" Even better, his girlfriends name is Barbie. I thought it was Kens twin brother.

Cars running fine. Miss riding bikes.

This week I went on splits a couple of times. First I went with elder Waites (the elder who trained me who is now my zone leader) in my area the with his companion Elder Vasquez in his area and then with another elder in his area on bike. I loved being on bike. I didn't bring my bike but used one of the ones in their area. While riding the other bike I realized why my bike has a warranty... its indestructible! My bike weighs about 50 lbs heavier then everyone else's bike. The bike I borrowed for a day was a $500 bike, had disk-brakes, and was much easier to ride. It also had more gears and they switched over from gear to gear better. It’d be better to go to a bike store. Additionally if you’re riding correctly any damage done to your bike is the drivers fault and the only thing you need to worry about is it getting stolen which very hasn't happened to those who have locked up there bike. However, I had to got to target and buy a new tube because I got a flat with someone else's bike and had to pay for it we tried to patch it but there was like 40 holes in them.

Food of the week. We got a juicer this week. So today I bought ginger root, spinach, parsley, carrots, and celery so I can juice it. Yum!!

Elder Yeaman’s quote of the week "Fasting on the words of Christ"

Explanation: We are often told by prophets as well as the scriptures to feast upon the words of Christ. Not to nibble on it here and there, not to put it in the freezer and wait till Thanksgiving or Christmas but to feast on the words of Christ, and to do it now. How many of us are fasting instead of feasting on the words of Christ? To put it into a better perspective. Fasting... before my mission I considered fasting to start right before I went to bed Saturday night and end right after church got out. Now its changed from 6:00pm the night before until 5:00pm the next night. Those of you who do and are able to fast. I know you’re aware of how hungry you are all through out the day. You can’t get your mind off food. You grow tired and weak the longer you go without food. It’s the same way with the words of Christ! The longer we go without it the weaker and more tired we become spiritually. When we do go without it should be something we quickly recognize. We should hunger for it. We should want to take in as much as possible. So my friends and family, please feast on the words of Christ, don't fast. Build that habit of reading so when you accidentally do go without it you quickly recognize it.

Love, Elder Yeaman

No comments:

Post a Comment