August 31, 2010
Transfers are not today, but this upcoming Tuesday, in a week.
Uncle ken is no longer interested but we're stopping by Barbara (his ex-girlfriend broke up because she wants to go to the temple) she has completely turned her life around. She is a member but went inactive. Same story as Ken and Chad when it comes to her but she's done a complete 180.
Splits was fun, we did it again this week and that was exciting. I went with Elder Copeland and Elder Cline the next day and that was neat.
I still have my m&ms and mangos.
Food of the week: This week we got a gift card from a member for $20 each and so we had dinner twice at the restaurant called Lascari's it was good.
Elder Yeaman’s thought of the week, “The full proof diet! Guaranteed to loose wait or your money back!" Explanation. The reason I came up with this one is my companion only has a couple weeks left and he's trying to loose the weight that he's gained while being on his mission. He bought slim fast and was using it 3 times a day. He gained 17 pounds this week. What he found out today is that I bought protein powder and while he was in the shower I switched the containers. Meaning I took his slim fast powder out and put in protien powder and then put the slim fast in my container. He was so mad! I thought I was so funny. Just kidding I didn't really do that but I thought it would have been funny if I did. He didn't really gain 17 pounds. He has lost weight using slim fast. But what my guarantee is this. There are many things that are weighing us down. Not physically but spiritually. Things that we can defiantly go without. To loose physical weight people often tend to cut things out of there diet that they don’t' need. How many of us are spiritually tired? Out of shape? Have we exercised enough spiritually? What wasteful time gobbling things can we get rid of our unwanted, burdening spiritually weight? As you search, ponder and pray about the things we need to avoid doing to be spiritually strong, the Lord will help. He'll be our coach. Be a spiritually strong. army (of helaman).
Cool experience, I was in our area on splits with Elder Cline, an elder in our district. We had knocked for a little bit earlier that day, but were getting ready to start again after dinner. When we get out of the car, I had some things in my hand I planned on handing out if others were interested, but I still went to the trunk opened it and then thought I should grab a Spanish Book of Mormon. I was sure I had one in my backpack and so quickly just grabbed a couple pamphlets in Spanish. First door we went to was in Spanish. I was able to use the pamphlet to explain. It would have been easier if I had the Book of Mormon in Spanish. We went back out to the car to get one and she accepted and it wasn't really that big of a deal but I learned, no matter how big of an impression you get, even if it's very quick, grab it. After the lesson I realized earlier when we were knocking that I wasn't carrying anything in Spanish. I already had stuff in my hand but it was the promptings of the spirit that helped me get Spanish materials to use and it really helped in the lesson.
Elder Yeaman
Monday, September 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment