Wednesday, August 11, 2010

July 20, 2010

Dear family and friends,


This week is great! Very busy and we have some great investigators. There’s so many ways to come across different people and we keep finding different ways to find people. Transfers are next Tuesday so don't send anything to the apartment after Wed. I’ve been here a long time so there's a good chance that I’m leaving. But I don't feel like I am yet. My brain says I’m leaving because you normally don't stay in an area, especially your first area longer than four months. But I don't feel like I’ll be transferred completely. I’ve had thoughts to where I’ll go if I do leave but nothing to different from before.

Yes we found the missing girl who was supposed to be baptized and hopefully everything works out. She went to the hospital for a bunch of reasons and it's a long story.

The zone activity was great last week. It was so much fun. We played a bunch of different versions of dongeball everyone’s favorite was medic! Everyone left fine but this whole week everyone had sore shoulders. Mine is still sore from all the throwing we did.

Christopher! Great job with swimming! That’s so cool!

School starts Monday? That’s crazy. It feels like they just got out. Well they did just get out of school in Cali, about 2 weeks ago I think.

Nothing big planned for today
Food of the week: We went to a member for a dinner appointment and had lasagna and he also made a bunch extra and so he sent a pan of lasagna home with us! Yum
Elder Yeaman’s thought of the week: Share the oranges with those you love from off your tree" Explanation: In Preach My Gospel there's a bunch of great quotes. At the end of chapter one in Preach My Gospel there's a quote from one of the prophets who say making it back to the presence of God will depend on what we've done to share the Gospel with others. In chapter nine under working with members President Hinckley has said the ideal situation would be having members invite others to learn, having the missionaries teach them in the member’s home and have the member testify. That would be such a better use of the missionary’s time. President Hinckley said in the same chapter, that if members did invited people to listen to the Gospel. There would be many more baptisms, resent converts would stay active. Now right off the bat some people would take offence if you did invite them to read the Book of Mormon or listen to the missionaries. You don't have to do that to invite people. Depending on the person, you might or may not. In 1 Nephi chapter 8 Lehi explains about the fruit. The fruit is the love of God and is desirable above any other fruit. It will make you happy if you partake of it. Why wouldn't you want to help those around to be happy? Share the fruit! Any way you can. It will bless your life and the life of those whom you share it with. If you knew your salvation solely depended on sharing the Gospel what more would you be willing to do? Please do anything you can to help the missionaries. This week we had a member come up and offer to help out at a baptism. That’s the way it should be I was so grateful for that member and her willingness to help out. We spend so much time planning! So much! Baptisms take a long time to set up when members don't call you back right away or when many members say no. Missionaries are supposed to help the members do THEIR missionary work. However this member who offered to help us is doing her missionary work. We help them all we can but they don't need it because they're doing it. If that make sense. I guess what I mean to say it is much easier to help members do their missionary work when they want to do it as well.
Love Elder Yeaman

No comments:

Post a Comment