Family and friends,
Our new mission president’s name is President Bubert. pronounced Be--oo--bert. He has a big family he brought out here with him. He and his wife want to serve 5 different missions together. I thought that was cool. He’s really nice and a lot different then President Sexton. Not in a good or bad way. They’re just different.
Long week. We worked super hard and had everything set up for a baptism. We made a bunch of phone calls and finally had the baptism program finished at 8:45 the night before. We were supposed to have the baptism the following morning. Everyone was ready for the baptism and everything was done but the person who was supposed to be baptized went missing and we haven't been able to get a hold of her. We stopped by her home and called her 1000 times but we can’t find her. Crazy week.
The bread was good and I made a bunch so I put them in bags and at the end of the week after I finished a second loaf, I went for the next one and it had mold all over it. I thought it molded pretty quickly. I guess I should have frozen the stuff I didn't eat right away. Maybe because it doesn't have a lot of preservatives in it? Today I won't be cooking. We have a zone activity which I’m so excited for. Normally I’d go out with a few other elders on p-day to go play basketball but Elder Nielsen just got back from surgery and can't do anything like that. It doesn't bother me at all, but it's just nice to go and do some type of sport. We’ll be playing dodge ball today! I miss swimming by the way. Just thought I’d throw that in there. Sometimes you just get a whiff of air that smells like pool/ocean water and it smells so good!
Food of the week: there's a member that is amazing in our ward. In his house lives him and his wife, his two daughters, one of his daughters is married and has 4 children. The house isn't super big, but every week for the past five weeks they feed all four of the missionaries in the ward. (The sisters and us). Amazing family!
Elder Yeaman’s quote of the week: "It's the thought that counts but in reality it doesn't matter. Explanation. In general conference Elder Ballard quoted a quote from some one that said "What you do is so loud I cannot hear your words." Normally the saying, "It's the thought that counts" refers to the effort you put into your thought. Like when we make a card for mother’s day it's the effort that matters. I can think about making a card and get nothing done. It’s what you do! We live in a world today where people think about reading the Bible or Book of Mormon, think about cleaning the house, or think about how bad the government is. But thinking isn't going to get you anywhere if you don't act on it. The reason Satan is winning the hearts of so many people is because he is working so hard. He thinks about what to do to make us fall and then he acts on it. So to fight off the power of the adversary we need to think and act as well. It’s a two way battle. There's another quote I heard I don't remember where but it says something like: God's not mad at people because they do bad things, he's mad because they don't care and aren't willing to do anything about it. All God wants us to do is try our hardest and he's promised that he'll make up for the rest and he'll help us through our lives.
Love you all,
Elder yeaman
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment