Tuesday, June 1, 2010

May 25, 2010

Family and Friends,


First to answer your questions, The weather here has been crazy it heated up a bunch and then it cools off and gets really windy and it is unpredictable. The apartment is getting cleaner each week. We don't have a lot of time to clean but we did this morning. I saw Alice in wonderland once when I was 8 and I thought it was the freakiest movie ever. I didn't like it at all. Good luck with your four jobs Shane, that’s awesome. So is dad baptizing her into the lds church? ?

Quote of the week " Hey Elder... How far away is that plane?"

Explanation: Towards the end of ones mission an Elder starts counting planes and asks how far away is that plane to his companion. A companion guesses and then the companion going home soon says "well for me it's about ...6 months away..." I’ve decided after a year of being out, anyone who asks me how long I’ve been out I will say a little over a year. No matter how close I get to going home. I want to be focused on the work until the last minute. I’m here. Instead of counting time, I’ll make time count. Please don't remind me how long I’ve been out no matter how close it gets.

Food of the week: Nothing too exciting but I realized a couple days ago when we had pizza with a member that it was the first time I’ve eaten pizza while in the field. You think it'd happen more often right? Maybe not. Anyways I’ve decided today I’ll make home made pizza!!!

This week we were supposed to have a couple baptisms but they're not going through. We’re teaching 3 different people who have to get permission from the first presidency to be baptized for three different reasons. and so for now we're putting them off until it goes through. Still knocking a lot.

This week Elder Rico and I have to give a talk in church referencing Quinton L Cooks talk from last November Ensign. “Stewardship- A Sacred Trust”. It’s weird because before with my talks I looked everything up on the internet. It will be weird having to write it out. I’ll send it home next Tuesday.

Love you all. Elder Yeaman

No comments:

Post a Comment