Again we worked super hard to get investigators to church but they all pulled out at last minute. We were going to have 9 investigators at church we even went over with pots and pans. Their parents let us inside the house and we hit them with spoons to wake them up. They gave us permission to do that earlier in the week but they didn't think we would really do it. However they will come this week... we told them about buckets of ice water.
Food for the week: The strawberry sale is over and I didn't have cream cheese so I ate them plain but they were still good. Out of pizza now, but there is a Lee’s Sandwiches just around the corner from our apartment. I can't wait to try it. In the apartment there's a bunch of free-be food like flour and stuff that was left from the other elders and then we all buy our own food. I normally buy the most food in the first week and in bulk so I have a variety and then a little here or there so it'll last me the month.
How did they like camping? Did dad bring his buggy? Chris’s quad? One of the members in the ward owns his own business where he builds custom sand rails. He even looks like dad.
Happy birthday Mikayla!!!
At the MTC I only got a few and I don't remember what they're called. Also if you find BYU men's chorus on cd that would be awesome I miss the choral music and they have some good church songs. Don’t spend a lot of money on the cds. I was just seeing if there were any extra ones around the house or if Josh already had them and could burn me a copy. If not don't worry about it.
Congratulations on your coaching Shane! I know you'll do great. If you have any ideas about something let Denise know. She likes your input.
This week while knocking I ran into a less active member who is a mix between dad and Uncle Ken. He’s done a lot with the missionaries and I think he is hilarious. We’re going to try to get him back to church.
Transfers are not today but this upcoming Tuesday. I am 110% sure I’ll be in this same area, same apartment. This will be my fourth transfer in the same area. It’ll be hard when I do leave. By the time I’m done with this transfer I will have been in this area, Cerritos first ward, for 6 months. Crazy huh
Quote of the week: Forgot to think of one through out the week but...Elder Yeaman’s quote of the week: “Cease to be idol cease to be unclean cease to find fault one with another..." when you have a relationship with someone, whether it be a father-son, brother-sister, husband-wife . . .ect, you can't base it off the faults of the other. We should be striving to see how we can improve ourselves, or how to deal with certain situations. We have visited many families where they never talk about themselves but rather what the rest of there family is doing wrong. It never a pleasant environment. Mainly, just look for the good in people and let only positive words leave your mouth. siempre! no aveces!
Till next time,
Elder Yeman, or Jayman, Ye ahman, Yoman, Yaman, (how people try to say the last name)
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment