Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June 15, 2010

Dear Family and Friends,


I received the package this week. Thank you so much. Just a reminder I switched back to my old apartment. The sisters received my package and I got it a couple days later. But thank you so much and yes I would like you to send me the next conference ensign as well.

This week was good and a little strange. Right now I have no companion and I didn't have one yesterday either. To start off the story, we all received new phones on Sunday. We activated them Monday morning with our same numbers and contacts in them, However when we activated them we came to find out that everyone had someone else’s phone. (When I say someone else I mean other missionaries) So no one could contact anyone because all the phones were mixed up. Then the missionaries that I live with took Elder Rico and I to the Presidents home to drop off Elder Rico and then they left. I was with President and Rico but they said I was supposed to go with the other elders and they didn't have a way to contact them because of the phone confusion. President finally contacted the zone leaders to come and pick me up and take me back to my apartment before the other missionaries I live with left for the day. President had to leave with Elder Rico and so he told me that I would have to be alone in the house until the zone leaders came to pick me up. He left and I was alone for about 20 min. The zone leaders came and I spent the day with the other elders in there area. Since today is transfers, my companion flies in at three o clock today and I will meet him at the airport. Yes I’m still in my same area and my new companion is Elder Nielsen.

Christopher! Good job on the swim meet. You better keep practicing so when I get home we can race. I think you'll be fast enough to beat me.

Food for the week: No sadly enough I didn't go to Lee's Sandwiches this week. However, one of the members pointed it out to me and offered to take us there when he get's back from Korea. He was in the war and gets to go visit there for free. No big-time cooking just a little here and there. FYI I have only eaten top ramen once and macaroni and cheese once so far. We can take our food at transfers but I’m not transferring and so I’m good. Yes the blueberry muffin was in one piece and it's gone! Thanks. Oh and the fruity pebbles lasted half a day. Thanks. My companion and roommates thought the pears were good but if you get a chance, try them. They’re nothing compared to home canned pears. But thanks for sending them. They were good.

My favorite thing in the package was either the conference talks or the dried mangos.

This week was tough because it's hot and I saw a bunch of people swimming and I knew I would miss it but I didn't know how much. I think it's quite funny cause I just kept thinking "I couldn't get in trouble if I accidentally fell in" or “if someone would only drown, then I could jump in and save them." lol

Please try and find family home evening activity ideas and send them to me. We’ve been having family home evening with one of the families that were recently baptized and last Monday night we played DON'T EAT PETE! We’ve played quite a few other games but I’m running out of activity ideas. I think you have a filing cabinet full of them and so just a couple activities that you could do for fhe would be great. Thanks

Elder Yeaman’s quote of the week: "The spirit of God is like a river of knowledge"

It never stops, continually flows and there's too much to take in. Through out my mission so far I have seen the gift of tongue work on many missionaries. Many have been able to pick up the language very quick. I have come to realize that the lord blesses people with the language in many different ways. For some it is given to them just like it is in the scriptures, for others they'll be put in a Spanish ward and surrounded with it. However for me I feel like I’m being blessed in a different way then many. I come to realize that as I plan on things I want to study for the week, ideas pop into my head about different ways to study and the topics I need to study, and how to study. Some of the ways I remember things are weird but they work for me and I feel as though that is how I’ve been blessed with the gift of tongues. Patinar means to skate and I remember it because when you skate fast you swing your arms fast and they look like they're hitting your legs or you're patting your legs. I have a bunch things that I’m doing to help me remember words and that's how I’ve been blessed.

Love you all, Elder yeaman

No comments:

Post a Comment