Thursday, April 1, 2010

Just Another Day in Paradise

Today we had transfers. My new companion is elder Rico. They are making major changes now and trying to fix all the kinks before the new mission president gets here. We were all bi-lingual but they changed it. I am now an English speaking missionary for the next six week. I have no more Spanish investigators because I had to hand all of them off to the Spanish missionaries. We’re getting twenty new missionaries today and only four are going home. They changed some areas and made every area have English elders and Spanish elders. My old companion elder Waite is the Spanish elder in my area and he'll be training a new missionary in the Spanish ward. He got all our Spanish investigators and all the sisters Spanish investigators and a couple of other missionaries Spanish investigators who are in our area. There’s a lot more to explain but it’s complicated. I get all of Elder Waite's and my English investigators and teach only in English no more Spanish.


-My new companion is Elder Rico and he is from Mexico learning English. We are in a new apartment but same complex because they couldn't fit six missionaries in one apartment.

-This past week we did splits again. Elder Waite is the district leader and so he had to go with the people in our district. I traded companions the night before and got to see how other missionaries run their day. Elder Waite was a great companion and it is sad to think there aren't more like him. He always obedient and seeing how the other missionaries live, work, on move on about there days is very discouraging for receiving a future companion. Please pray for the elders here to be exactly obedient and more motivated.

-We are supposed to pay for our own hair cuts out of money from back home so I bought a buzzer and cut my own hair. It turned out nice. I think doing my own haircuts will save me a lot of money.

-Last week I made cookies and they lasted a day. We've been getting a few weird dinner appointments. We had these fried breaded spicy chilies stuffed with cheese at one of them. And a couple things I have never tried before but can't remember what there called.

-Elder Yeaman’s quote of the week: "Excuses only satisfy those who make them."

-Explanation: Some people think that rules can be justified with reasons or good enough excuses. Rules are rules and whether your have a reason or excuse for breaking it, you still broke it. When you justify you tend to make yourself feel better but you miss out on the blessings the Lord is willing to give you.

-That was my week and I'm fine with where I'm at. I know what ever happens is for the best because it’s what the Lord wants. Love you all and take care

Elder yeaman

No comments:

Post a Comment