Family and friends,
This week was good. Knocked a lot and it went by fast. We had an investigator come to church which was super exciting and he's getting baptized soon. We also received dinner appointments everyday this week. That will be nice. Today we will write a bunch of letters and maybe volleyball.
I got the Girl Scout cookies Thursday. Thank you very much! But I haven't received the memory stick. Maybe it will come today and then I will mail the other one home.
Eagle Scout stuff will finally be finished. That will be such a relief. Hasn’t Shane been done with his Eagle for about three years. Then Christopher gets to start again.
-Food of the week: I did make lasagna and a lot of it and its amazingly delicious! We’re still working on eating it. It was nice because we made it Tuesday and we had enough to double the recipe so we did and instead of cooking and every meal it was nice to just reheat it and be done. Less dishes that way as well. I also had another interesting food appointment this week. A member took us out to King Palace Buffet. by my own free will I ate everything I put on my plate which contained some of the following: craw fish, frog legs, different kinds of sushi, clams, raw clams, fried bananas, cooked oysters and a little more. I was going to try raw oysters but then I saw a warning sign that said eat at your own risk. If you become sick see doctor immediately or you will die. And I thought I’ll wait until after my mission to try raw oysters.
Elder yeaman's quote of the week: "The wicked take the truth to be hard,"
Explanation: Nephi has quoted this in the beginning of the Book of Mormon. Those who are righteous don't look at the things they are told to do better as a problem. And they don’t become angry at those who are telling them, but they rather humble themselves and avoid argument because... contention is of the devil. Take the advice you're given whether or not you are already doing the right thing and and find ways to improve. Avoid contention because it's the Spirit that teaches us and if we drive the Spirit away we can't be taught.
Elder Yeaman
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment