Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dear Family,


Spanish has really picked up. The lord has blessed me for serving as district leader and is really helping me with Spanish. This week my companion and I taught the first lesson in Spanish to a Jewish investigator in the TA (teaching assistance.) Once a week we are given a task. This week it was go shopping at a store in your mission language and when you are finished shopping share a brief message and set up a return appointment. During that time we are supposed to find their needs. We then have ten min to prepare a lesson that will help him. We had an outline of what we wanted to teach but it all revolved around Christ and the guy didn't believe in Christ so we had to change it completely. But it was great. I understood almost everything he said and we taught very effectively. We still involved Christ in our lives but had to rely mostly on the book of Mormon, Joseph Smith and our testimonies. It was a very great experience.

Everyone in my district said we were leaving the first of February and I kept saying the ninth and they kept saying the first and I kept saying the ninth and so on and so on. I told you guys the ninth and then asked our teacher later and he looked it up. We’re leaving the 9th.

On these computers at the MTC I can't upload photos.

The small holidays stink! We don't celebrate them and mail doesn't come and it's not as fun. I have referred back to my farewell talk so many times it's amazing. The lord allows me to use what I learn and keep what I’ve learned in my memory if that makes since.

We had a new teacher come in to our class the other day and he said I just got back for serving in the CA Long Beach mission two weeks ago and now he's teaching here. He had our same mission president. In California they're increasing the number of missionaries from 80-135 or something like that. The reason is because there are so many people living there. The LB-CA mission is the smallest mission in the world if you don't count temple square, but it is one of the missions with the most missionaries. There are over 3.5 million people in our mission or something like that.

Our district got to host the new incoming missionaries again this week. It was very cool. I met one missionary from Kentucky going to Phoenix. I told him I live thirty min. south of Phoenix and my brother served his mission in Kentucky. I thought that was cool. If you meet anyone getting their call outside of U.S., make sure they get there visa ASAP. Many missionaries going to Brazil are supposed to be here for nine weeks but end up staying 15. Not fun. I love all of you. Thank you for all your letters and help.

Love, Elder yeaman

p.s. for those of you who haven't received pictures but want pictures. If you send me a picture I’ll send you som

No comments:

Post a Comment