Sunday, October 16, 2011

Oct 4, 2011

Good morning,


General Conference was amazing, and the temple this morning was good.
We went to the 5:30 session. Super tired.
I crashed after and yes... quite a humbling experience.
The general authority visiting the mission this week is Elder Choi
(pronounced "chay.")
The General Authority visiting stake conference this weekend will be
Elder Lynn G. Robbins. He spoke last general conference and I believe
his talk was titled, "What manner of men and women ought ye to be".
His talk starts off with to be or not to be," and he talked about the
difference of being and doing.

You can send me the pictures, but i'll probably throw them away before
I come back. and no they won't make me trunky. The only time i've gotten
homesick was maybe once and that was the first time on my
mission I called home. I bought myself some really nice polyester ties.
That's why my card was used. So you don't need to send me any this
month. In fact, not to sound trunky, I'd prefer not to get any more
packages on my mission because i'll probably end up throwing or giving
away most of it. Not even for my birthday. Save yourself the time and
the money. If i get a package, I'll probably just write on it return
to sender or forward it back home. However I would still like a
Conference Ensign when it comes out but that's it. Thanks. I just
don't want to have to throw stuff away or send very much home.
We're going to go down to a place called "HHH" to buy some Long Beach
t-shirts and maybe a jacket today. Is that alright?
Elder Yeaman's quote of the week: "Come what may and apply it."

Explanation: Every speaker in general conference spoke for a reason.

They were prayerfully selected and then prayerfully selected a topic.
On my mission thus far I've learned a couple things to try and apply
to myself. Right before it started, I came to realize that every
speaker is leaving an invitation whether it be directly on indirectly.
They spoke to help us motivate ourselves to do something and when we
realize what the invitation was it makes it easier to fulfill it. As
we fulfill the invitation we'll be blessed and so the more invitations
we apply to our lives the better off we will be. So my invitation is
to find one if not more invitations from each talk and apply it to
your life.
Love Elder Yeaman

No comments:

Post a Comment