Wednesday, September 14, 2011

September 12, 2011

Good Morning Everyone, 
Yes create a mormon.org page. That will be awesome. We go on
mormon.org once a week to look up stuff for our investigators. It’s an
amazing website! There’s people on there who explain a variety of
things. Watch some video profiles and read some as well before you
make one. You can type any topic in the "search" box and it'll bring
up people who are similar to you. There’s people who share something
simple like how they came to know if it's true and other people who
share how they used to be anti or lots of other stuff. 
of the church.
 
I made banana bread like 2 weeks ago with butterscotch chips. It was
really good.
 
Food of the week: a member had made us lemonade and instead of sugar
they used salt. I don't think they realized it. It was very nasty, but
super funny.
 
The weather has been crazy. Up in the 110’s.  I think people have a wrong i
dea about California weather. It's only stays in the 80’s on the coast not 
everywhere. Bellflower isn't too far from the coast and it's
highest was 110 this past week. Plus it's humid. People always say oh
so this weather is nothing compared to Arizona, you’re used to it right? 
But humidity makes it feel much hotter and I never walked around Arizona 
in pants, shirt, and tie. But we have a car in our area now so that's kind of nice.
 
They want us to buy a flu shot and that'll coast $10. I'll just use
the money I never deposited back into my account from home.
 
Did I ever explain the money I spent at "Ensign book store?" I
received a really nice quad while on my mission and it was in really
nice condition and when our recent convert signed up for all of these
institute classes she needed more than just a copy of the Book of
Mormon that we hand out. So I bought a cover and gave her the quad as
well. She was super excited and said she had actually been praying
that she'd be able to save the money so she could by one. Everything
happens for a reason right?
 
Did you type up and post our exciting call to the police last week? :-)
 
Elder Yeaman's quote of the week "I can not explain what you are not
willing to understand." Explanation: the gospel of Jesus Christ is simple. 
It is easy to explain yet it takes time to explain. If people will not give t
he time for one to explain, they will not understand. If they do not 
understand they make assumptions to ones belief and automatically 
assume because they do not understand it that it must be wrong. However, 
the scriptures clearly teach us to study, to seek, to
meditate. They all take time. It's a process. You can't always ask a
question and expect it to be answered clearly in one minute, let alone
5. It would be like asking someone to teach you calculus with out
understanding algebra or simple math. If you expect to understand an
entire principle in just a minute, good luck. Try to get someone who
has never heard of Jesus Christ to believe in him in 5 min. You would
need to have a little more time to explain His importance. But if you’re 
willing to put in the time and if your really willing to understand, it can be explained.
 
Love Elder Yeaman

No comments:

Post a Comment